honey lemon ginger tea.
Whether your down with the flu or not, a lemon honey ginger tea is always a good idea. Not only does it help to soothe a sore throat and calm an unsettled belly it's also beneficial in eliminating water retention and boosting your metabolism!
Lemon is a natural diuretic. This means that it helps to purge water that your body is retaining. Lemon also freshens your breath, boosts your immunity, improves your skin, and helps with digestion - nice!
Ginger works as a detoxifier, helping remove unwanted chemicals from your body. It is also known to improve digestion and keep your metabolism fired-up all day.
Put these two power-packed ingredients together and you have a Lemon Ginger Tea Recipe that can get your body back on track in no time. But why not step it up a notch with our beloved Manuka? To see the benefits of Manuka, click here, you'll also learn how to create a facemask to enjoy while your drinking your tea!
Manuka Honey Lemon Ginger Tea
1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
1 tablespoon Honey
1. Squeeze lemon juice into a saucepan
2. Add 1 Tablespoon manuka honey
3. Grated the ginger then squeeze over the saucepan to collect the juice. Add ginger remains to saucepan.
4. Bring the pot to boil, turn down and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Strain through a sieve or muslin cloth.
6. Store tea concentrate in an airtight jar.
To Serve: Add a tablespoon of the tea concentrate to a mug, add a teaspoon of manuka honey (add more if you prefer a sweeter tea) and top up with boiling water.