The Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe
How to make the most delicious roast turkey for Thanksgiving?
We just want to let you know that the turkeys are now available at Eat The Kiwi again! As Thanksgiving approaches, it's time to get ready for the big meal. With the following recipe, we bet all of you can make the most perfect roast turkey for your beloved family!
1 free-range turkey (whole, frozen, min. 3.8kg)
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 bunch of fresh thyme
2 Meyer lemons, 1 halved and the other zested and juiced
1 red table onion, quartered
1 garlic, halved crosswise
120gm unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan, add lemon zest, juice and the chopped thyme leaves. Give it a little mix then set aside.
3. Take the giblets out of the turkey and wash the turkey both inside and outside. Remove any excess fat and leftover pinfeathers and pat the outside dry.
4. Place the turkey in a large roasting pan, then marinate the inside of the turkey cavity with salt and pepper. Stuff the cavity with the bunch of thyme, the halved lemon, quartered onion and the garlic that was halved crosswise.
5. Brush the outside of the turkey with the butter mixture and spread some salt and pepper.
6. Tie the legs together with string and tuck the wing tips under the turkey body, then roast it for about 2.5 hours or until perfectly cooked.
7. Remove turkey from oven, cover it with aluminium foil and let it rest for 20 minutes. SERVE!