1 ingredient honey mask.
The 'current situation' has so many of us breaking out like teenagers following extended hours of wearing our latest compulsory fashion accessory, the facemask.
We're here to help combat that with a different type of face mask...
Do you like clear, glowing, soothed and moistured skin? If so, you'll like this mask. It's only 1 ingredient too. The mask uses manuka honey (which is free this month!).
Manuka honey is a special type of honey that comes from bees collecting nectar from the Manuka plant. The plant is native to New Zealand so, all real Manuka honey comes from New Zealand. The flowers bloom very rarely making it especially rare. Lucky for us, the bee's know what to do. They know exactly where and when they can find the flowers - nice!
All honey contains a naturally-occurring enzyme that produces hydrogen peroxide. It's this that has antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
Manuka's properties take this to the next level. It's especially powerful honey with antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties. Sounds magic right? It is.
So back to the fact that Manuka's not just tasty but for our skin.
For years Manuka has been used in a medical setting for cuts and burns. It helps to both heal and protect wounds. So why not use it on other types of skin conditions or even healthy skin?! Well, you can.
Benefits of Manuka Honey for Skin:
1. Clear Skin - Manuka kills acne-causing bacteria
2. Glowing Skin - the enzymes provide a gentle exfoliation for soft and glowing skin.
3. Moisturised Skin - manuka honey is a natural humectant due to its sugar component, this means it helps to retain moisture.
4. Soothed Skin - The anti-inflammatory and healing properties of Manuka soothe your skin and reduce redness.
Bonus - Manuka honey is 100% natural. It's just honey! So you can toss out any worry about putting an unnatural or toxic product onto your skin.
Working from home? Why not look after yourself at the same time. Here's an easy way to do that. If you're working from home, why not mask and work?
Here's how you do it:
1. Start with clean skin
2. Use your fingers to spread about 1 tablespoon of high-quality Manuka honey over your entire face in a thick layer. Cover your neck and chest too if you can - why not spread the goodness.
3. Leave it for 20 minutes. Relax. Try not to lick your face. Have a cup of tea. Read a book. You do you!
Your body temperature will warm the honey and cause it to run so be careful and don't wear your best shirt.
4. After 20 minutes, use warm water and a cloth to wipe it off.
5. Follow up with a moisturiser or a serum to lock it all in.
For best results, try this mask two or three times a week. Enjoy foodies!